CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Total number of units = 16
8 core units
8 elective units, consisting of:
Where appropriate, electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation such as:
- Diploma of Community Services (Case Management)
Diploma of Community Services (Social Housing)
Diploma of Community Services (Statutory & forensic child, youth & family welfare)
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
- Child Welfare Officer
- Residential Carer (Child Protection)
- Social Housing Coordinator
- Community Services Case Manager
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)