CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Total number of units = 14
11 core units
3 elective units, consisting of:
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
Qualifies you to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in varied contexts to undertake skilled work.
A guide to qualification levels can be found at Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
- Coordinator of Volunteers (Services to Older People)
- Disability Officer – Day Support
- Disability Support Worker
- Leisure and Therapy Assistant
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)