SIR20216 – Certificate II in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline team member, customer service assistant and point-of-sale operator.
To achieve this qualification, competency 12 units must be completed:
7 core units
5 elective units
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
This qualification provides a pathway to further learning and work in various cleaning roles and settings including but not limited to:
- Checkout Team Worker
- Customer Service Assistant (Department Store)
- Gourmet Food Sales Assistant
- Customer Service Assistant (Quick Food)
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)