CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Total number of units = 13
7 core units
6 elective units, consisting of electives that meets the rules above can be selected for the award of the Certificate III in Individual Support.
Where appropriate, electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community).
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Support Worker
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)