CHC42015 – Certificate IV in Community Services
This qualification reflects the role of community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services.
At this level, workers may be autonomous with limited responsibility within established parameters and may be required to supervise and lead other workers in projects or teams. Work may take place in a range of community service, case work or case management contexts.
Total number of units = 15
7 core units
8 elective units
Electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation – CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services (Relationship Education).
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
- Community Health Worker
- Coordinator of Volunteers (Migrant Services)
- Coordinator of Volunteers (Services to Older People)
- Family Support Worker
- Migrant Community Worker
- Tenants Advisory Worker
- Welfare Rights Worker
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)