AUR20320 – Certificate II in Bicycle Mechanical Technology
Kick start your career in the bicycle retail and repair industry with this entry-level course, a perfect starting point to gain experience or enhance your employment opportunities.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who to perform a range of routine assembly and servicing tasks in the bicycle industry. It is suitable for entry into the bicycle retail, service and repair sector.
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
Total number of units = 16
8 core units, plus
8 elective units (to be advised prior to course commencement).
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA001 Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURAFA002 Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- AURASA102 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURBTA104 Assemble new boxed bicycles for retail sale
- AURBTJ101 Remove, repair and refit bicycle tyres
- AURBTK101 Maintain specialised bicycle repair tools and equipment
- AURBTV101 Remove, refit and adjust bicycle accessories
This qualification provides a pathway to further learning and work in various cleaning roles and settings including but not limited to:
- Bicycle Serviceperson
- Assistant Bicycle Mechanic
- Bicycle Assembler
- Bicycle Service Technician
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)