SIR30216 – Certificate III in Retail
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
The qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline sales assistant, customer service representative, shop assistant, retail supervisor, team leader and senior sales assistant.
13 units must be completed:
8 core units
5 elective units
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
This qualification provides a pathway to further learning and work in various cleaning roles and settings including but not limited to:
Customer Service Assistant (Department Store)
Customer Service Assistant (General)
Sales Counter Assistant (Wholesaler)
Team Leader (Supermarket)
Team Leader (Quick Food)
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)