The program is delivered under the Smart & Skilled, Skilling for Recovery Initiative (SfR), under the JobTrainer fund and is fee-free.
Training under JobTrainer is fee-free and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
Total number of units = 13
7 core units
6 elective units, consisting of electives that meets the rules above can be selected for the award of the Certificate III in Individual Support.
Where appropriate, electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community).
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise Healthy body systems
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour Supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Support Worker
Flexible delivery (including online with some projects / activities and/or skills-based training)