If you’d like to make a genuine difference in a person’s life, have great personal satisfaction as well as flexible hours, then a career in disability care could be for you.
Our Induction into Disability program, includes 4 units of Competency from the CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support qualification, providing you with a introduction to Disability Care.
Once you have successfully completed the program, you will obtain a Statement of Attainment in Induction to Disability.
The course will run for 4 weeks, Mondays to Wednesdays delivered online.
15 hours of work placement is required to be completed as part of the program, and will be arranged for you by LEAD RTO.
The program is delivered under the Smart & Skilled, Summer Skills program, under the JobTrainer fund and is fee-free.
Training under JobTrainer is fee-free and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
Total number of units of competency = 4
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
You will graduate with the skills and qualification to confidently work in a large number of roles, such as:
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Support Worker
Online Training Sessions with a trainer.
Commencing 16 January 2023: 3 days/week for 4 weeks:
Monday: 9.30am to 2.30pm
Tuesday: 9.30am to 2.30 pm and
Wednesday mornings – Bookings with your trainer for Role Plays & Practical elements.
Additionally: 15 hours of work placement will be arranged for you in a real work setting.
Who is eligible?
JobTrainer eligibility has been extended to give broader access to fully subsidised training, for people who want to learn new skills anywhere in NSW.
Under NSW JobTrainer, you may be able to study a fee-free* course if you are:
- aged 16-24
- leaving school
- a job seeker (you are a job seeker if you are out-of-work and/or receive income support payments or are expected to become unemployed)
- a NSW Veteran or their recognised partner or spouse
- wanting to study, upskill or reskill in courses in aged care, disability care, childcare, digital skills or training and assessment (regardless of age, employment status or current employment sector).
Eligible participants will also need to be:
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.